Joint-Lecture of UT-VJU “Urban Studies in the Post-Pandemic Era”was held in early December 2022.
Approximately 35 international students from UT and VJU participated in the class.
Every lecture was composed of two parts, lecture by the professors of UT and VJU and discussion and short presentation by students.
Aims and Scope
- The lecture is held as a part of activities by International Institute for Next Urban Planning, Design and Management (http://iinu.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp) at UTokyo (UT) with Vietnam-Japan University (VJU).
- This is an introductory lecture about possible future cities, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic. It introduces and discusses about how and what cities would change after the pandemic, mainly in terms of:
- How has the spread of COVID-19 transformed the city, or how could it be transformed in the future?
- What will be the required resilience and the risk assessment of cities and/or infrastructures?
- How could the development of telecommuting, online, and other forms of remoteness affect not only the urban structure but also the nature of university education?
- How will the digital transformation of cities progress in the future?
1. Guidance and Ice-breaking Discussion by taking transportation problems as an example
December 7 10:25-12:10
[UT] Prof. FUKUDA Daisuke @ Civil
[VJU] Assoc. Prof. TAKEDA Shinichi @ MIE
2. Resilience of infrastructure systems
[UT] Prof. HONDA Riki @ Civil
December 8 10:25-12:10
3. Impacts of Pandemic on Cities
[UT] Assoc. Prof. OGUMA Kumiko @ Urban
December 9 10:25-12:10
4. Potential of Remote Learning in University Education
[VJU] Vice Rector, Assoc. Prof. NGUYEN Hoang Oanh
[UT] Vice President, Prof. ASAMI Yasushi @ Urban, and Prof. KASUGA Ikuro @ RCAST
December 9 14:55-16:40
5. Risk Assessment of Cities
[UT] Assoc. Prof. ITOI Tatsuya @ Arch.
December 12 10:25-12:10
6. Digital Transformation in Cities
[UT] Director of IINU, Adjunct Prof. OZAWA Kazumasa @ Civil
December 14 10:25-12:10